1. Harvesting of the fresh coconuts begins each morning around 5am at sunrise and the production facility has 2 hourly drop off schedules up to noon daily. This ensures that the daily coconuts harvested are processed whilst fresh.
2. On arrival at the processing plant the coconut flesh is removed from the matured coconuts then chipped and sliced into small pieces.
3. The coconut chips are then air dried with the temperature set under 60º degrees to remove moisture (below 4 percent w/w) without damaging the delicate essential Fatty Acid levels and important Vitamin E content.
4. The dehydrated coconut chips are then COLD PRESSED to extract the oil.
5. The remaining dried coconut is packed as COCONUT CRUNCHTM in 20kg bags for export.
6. The oil is then filtered three times through natural fiber filters to separate any coconut particles from the oil before pumping into large settling tanks.
7. The Virgin Coconut Oil is held in the settling tanks for a
minimum period of 36 hours before being transferred into food grade 200 of 1,000 litre bladders held in open top (bio-degradable) cardboard outers.
The result is a fine pure premium Virgin Coconut Oil with a shelf life of at least 2 years from production. It retains a rich natural coconut aroma and flavour and is a light golden clear colour in appearance, with a high lauric acid content of over 50%.
© 2012- 2020 Steps to Life (Aust) Ltd. - Contact Us | Disclaimer | Designed & Built by Eman Web Design - 7
Click Here if you are not automatically redirected in 10 seconds...